CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008





Friday night we had 4 11 year olds over for a sleepover. Brother Merrit and Brother Whitnah took these boys to the older scouts snow caving trip the next morning at 6:30. Cason wore his Sunday socks instead of his nice ski socks and suffered the consequences. It was good for him to learn that lesson this time instead of next year when he will actually spend the night in the snowcave. Big thanks to all of the scout leaders that make these experiences happen and take the great pictures to post!!
















































































































Also I have to mention on my blog that Samantha finally bought a flute. She has been saving all of her babysitting money for a flute. Actually she only used her spending money for this, which is only 40% of what she has actually earned. She had a couple of anonymous donations that added up to about $300 for her to actually buy the $1400 flute that she wanted. Believe it or not, most flutes were $5,000 or more. Holy Bonanza. I'm not sure I would trust a 13 year old with something that cost more than the car I drive. Her recital was last night. She did a wonderful job. I hope to be able to download a audio clip to the blog so you can hear her play. I'll be getting a copy of it from her teacher. Thanks to all that have donated to her flute though hiring her for babysitting. Now she doesn't know what she wants to save for. She still doesn't understand why she had to buy it instead of Jeff and I . She will be so proud of herself when she is older. This will be one of those stories she will tell her children.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Looks like a fun day in the snow...........while the rest of us enjoyed a very warm spring day.

Melissa-Mc said...

Wow, Samantha has been working hard! Glad she got her flute. She looks like she has grown a ton.

Bridget said...

OK. Cole must have deleted you from my blog feeds because I just noticed you're not there anymore! No wonder I haven't been getting these new ones.

That is SO great that Samantha had to earn her flute. YOu are right, she will be telling her kids all about it, using it as material for talks, lessons, etc.

Anonymous said...

oh boys!!!!! i'm not a big "camp in the snow" kind of person--so snowcaving always sounds so horrid to me.

and congrats to Samantha. that is very responsible of her, and what a good parent you are for teaching her how to save.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Good for Samantha! And it looks like Casey had fun!

Scott-n-Allison said...

One day Samantha will appreciate the lesson. I have a flute and a clarinet that my parents bought my sister and me. I hold on to them HOPING HOPING HOPING that one of my kids will want to play. The little 5th grade recorders I also inherited have been thrown out...who wants those sitting around with a toddler that is only too happy to blow into them?

Tonya said...

Thanks for wishing me a happy birthday! I will check back on your blog and comment often:0) I wish I could go snow caving. I think it looks like a blast, though I would have no clue what to do, so i'd probably freeze myself to death. I think you are soooo wise to have Samantha buy her own flute. It will teach her so many great lessons and she will love it forever because she'll have to buy a new one if she doesn't!:0)