CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Braces and Prom


Friday, I taught seminary at Aloha then dropped off some 3x5 cards and ziplock baggies at Mountain View for Samantha, then I met Blake down at OHSU for his LAST ortho appointment. (Actually he has a few checkup appointments) , but he no longer has braces. YEAH!
Blake has had them on for four years. He was really one appointment away from getting them off in the fall when he got bonked in the mouth at school and nearly lost his bottom row of teeth. His braces saved the day, but they needed to stay on another 6 months. He looks so good now. He immediately had girls flocking the house and has been asked to the Southridge prom. I will post a picture as soon as blogger has worked out some kink.

Do you remember the day you got your braces off? Do you remember a favorite prom?
I'll have to post about that one. I have pictures that will blow your mind. I'm not sure a blog can contain the amount of hair that was going on. MMMMM....Memories.

10 comments:

RocketBox Boy said...

Look how happy he is! I always love to see people smile after they get their braces off. It seems like they can't help smiling from ear to ear and rubbing their tongue across their teeth to feel the smooth slimy feeling. Tell him congratulations and to keep on smiling!

Can't wait to see your prom pictures!

mahina said...

awww! what a hunk! i never had braces, so i didn't get to enjoy the moment when they came off!

i'm excited to see the BIG hair, too!

Melinda said...

AAAAAhhhh. Those Carter genes. HOrrible teeth but HANDSOME!!!!!
Glad you got the teeth thing worked out. Now he can just be handsome.

Darilyn said...

Oh my heck! He is so cute! Who is the lucky girl that is taking him to the Southridge Prom. Inquiring minds want to know. Oh Rachael, I'm with you on the hair. Although my biggest hair year was 7th grade. It's when perms were really, really, really in and I just had to have one. My untreated hair went crazy. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Oh, he's a cutie! My hair never got too big, but it did poof out in odd places. :-)

Tonya said...

I couldn't believe that was Blake in the picture! You have one little hottie on your hands:0)I will be excited to see all of your big hair pictures...I never had those because my dear mother thought it was a good idea to have all us girls have short hair....UH, Gag!

Anonymous said...

yeah for Blake!!!! I was only tortured with wearing retainers full time for 4 months, but that was enough for me. funny thing is my dad still asks me if i am wearing it at night. my excuse--it makes me sick to wear it when I'm pregnant.

Melissa-Mc said...

Hooray. His teeth look great

Scott-n-Allison said...

I still run my tongue along my teeth and remember how rough it felt when they were covered in metal. I only had mine on 372 days, though. Blake has got to be so happy! He has a great smile.

Becca said...

he looks so grown up and handsome. I can't believe what a young man he is. Not that little curly hair Blake that I first remember seeing on the bench in front of us at church back in the old cedar mill stake center. Man, I have known you for a long time. I love seeing the pictures of your kids.