CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Week of Sept 18th

This last week I decided that I am certainly going to make it to old age, but I am starting to think that if I am to stay in shape I am going to act like I am old all of the time with all of the aches and pains I get from trying to stay in shape just so that I can get to "old age". I was hobbling around all week, it is quite ridiculous. After going to an abs class, strength training class, a bike ride and a four mile run, my body is calling "uncle."

Blake, with one of his good friends, Mitchell had a Happenin Hippy Party. They had 30 or so kids over dressed up in hippy attire. Blake and Mitch had afro and headbands. It brought me back to my childhood. They played games, had tacos, a foosball tournament, and then watched a movie. All said and done we only had the neighbors say they were going to call the cops once. (Keep in mind that they were the ones having an alcohol induced party. ) Actually my neighbors are awesome. Anyway I think they all had a great time.

Blake also had the ARC call and say they have the funding for the fend , and that they want the fence built this next week. He had been tracking down some funding so this has sped things up considerable for him. He has been organizing food, advertising, tools, and supplies. I am so excited that he is finishing this all up.

Cason had a football game Sat night during the Blake's party. Jeff went and took Carissa and her little friend. They lost and even had a kid break his leg which made the game even longer. He really played his heart out and was just exhausted. He has had a really hard schedule to keep up with.

Carissa had a soccer game Sat morning too. She is doing so well and really loves being the goalie. She likes kicking it really hard. She needs to practice dribbling the ball more.

Jeff has still been pretty busy at work. I love seeing him. I feel like we are back to dating, because we don't see each other but on the weekends. It will get back to normal soon.

Oh I totally forgot to tell you what happened Friday. I was out running errands when I decided to take my phone off of mute and check my messages. The last message was just 2 minutes beforehand and was from the high school. I listened to the message and it was Blake's weight lifting teacher (the football coach) saying that Blake might have knocked out 3 of his lower front teeth. I sped as fast as I could to the school and took him to the dentist. He was there but his assistant and good friend of ours took x rays. She said that he needed to go to the orthodontist. So we hopped back in the car and ran downtown to his orthodontist. They go him fixed up and looking close to new again. The teeth didn't come out but were pushed back into his mouth. They say he was lucky he was still wearing braces otherwise the teeth probably would have come out. he may need root canals later but so far everything looks good still. He was very calm and was more upset that he was going to have braces for 6 more months than getting hurt.
He even went to the football game that night.

That was my life this week...

6 comments:

Bridget said...

R- you have got to stop blaming your aches and pains on old age! You are only four years older then me! That is scary!

Poor Blake though with the extended braces sentence. I had braces for 2.5years and it seemed like eternity.

Melinda said...

OH, OH OH..........I just hate tooth injuries. That is just too bad. Did the weights just fall on his face? It just grosses me out just thinking about it.

You think you're life will be back to normal soon............NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we Just keep on truckin'
thanks for posting

mahina said...

ouch! my teeth hurt just hearing about blake's teeth incident! i have reoccuring dreams of my teeth falling out. what do you think that means????

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Oh, poor Blake! I'm feelin' his pain. And, by the way, your kids continue to amaze and delight me. They are such a big help to me. I love them and you to pieces!

Tiffany Gremmert said...

That is so freaky about his teeth. What did he do to make that happen? So sad.

Sarah said...

Blake is lucky. Just 2 days after Lane got his braces off (in highschool), he took a baseball to his face. It knocked out all his front teeth undoing 3 years of braces. Now he's doing it all over again.