CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 6, 2007







I have spent the last couple of weeks painting several rooms. Carissa and Samantha switched rooms with Cason LAST YEAR and have finally painted their rooms. Cason was such a trooper putting up with a pink room for that long. He wasn't picky at all about how it was going to be painted. He left it up to me and had resigned himself to being polite to me when it was done. He was so surprised that he loved it. It was great to know all of my hard work was appreciated. The girls spent days deciding how to do their room. I thought we might have to call in a negotiator. Samantha wanted pink, Carissa blue. Samantha wanted stripes, Carissa wanted blocks with patterns in them. This was the compromise... I think it turned out great and the girls think their room looks like a magazine, (except for the bunk bed). They want a different bunk bed that isn't so dark of a wood. I keep reminding them we are in the "money saving mode". We just spent a bunch on the living room carpet. All in good time. They should have them in time for their kids to use. I still have to put up Cason's closet shelving and paint the girls closet too but, again all in good time.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

OH my heck, OH MY Heck, OH MY HECK!!!!!!The rooms look totally amazing. They do look like they should be in magazines. I just love the cool stripe in Casons room and love-a LOVE the stripes in the girls room. I like how you incorporated your old white mirror. It looks fantastic!!! You just have such cool unique ideas. I'm in total awe of that talent.

Darilyn said...

Rachael, the rooms look fantastic. That is not my talent and i'm in awe of those that can do stuff like that. Great Job!

mahina said...

wow! it's been way too long since i've been over to your house! the rooms look great! i love the stripes in the girls room. i need to come over and see them in person! awesome job! again you are an inspiration!