CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

This week was a tough one. But ended up on a great note. Monday I did the normal running around. I took the Honda in to get fixed. $1600 later it works great. I have been to the plumbing store 3 times to get the right drain for our tub and top to our toilet. One of the kids broke it several years ago and just chipped the edge of it off, and I have never replaced it. I still don't have one that fits. Tuesday I went on a bike ride with Bridget and Mahina, which was great until I decided that my tire needed to be pumped up more and broke off the piece that keeps the air in the tube. I changed it fairly quickly. I'm pretty proud of that. When I got back I went to a luncheon at Juliana's which was great fun. I stayed after and made Juliana and Sarah S. help me figure out treasure hunt clues for the Young Womens activity that night. It went off really well. Thanks gals! We had YW Board meeting afterward. We were out until 11 or so. Jeff has been working crazy long hours so I tried to stay up and wait for him but just ran out of gas. Samantha had a rash on her face for a couple of days and Wed I took her into the doctor. It healed up in 2 days. Wed night after taking Thunder for a walk I found out my neighbor had died. It was not good at all. This kind of took up my day the next couple of days and has really made me think a lot. I still went Thursday morning to site counsel at Mountain View. (We are looking for other parents to be on the board with me, so if you have a child going there, you should apply to be on the counsel. It is a great way to have an influence on the school and to be informed. ) I met up with Mahina for an abs class and lifted weights and swam a bit too. Saturday I missed half of Carissa's soccer game because the soccer league hadn't changed the schedule from the previous year. Her coach coached last year and his name was on there and everything. The amazing thing is that I even ended up at the right field and even close to the time of her game. I think we were at the coast when they handed out schedules. I felt SO dumb. The day ended with Cason's football game. They pulled out of a clincher. It was 18 to 12 and the other team was on the 3rd yard line with about 2 minutes left. Wow what an exciting game. Cason played a lot. He had a couple of great plays too. We took him to dinner to celebrate. It is great to have Jeff back in our lives again, even if it is only on the weekend. It was great to talk to so many family members this week too. I even found out my dad has started a blog!!! Cool huh? I had lots to think about this week and am glad I have so many people willing to listen to me. I have awesome friends and caring family!!!

I

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Hey, glad to see you blogging again! Glad to hear that I already knew most about your week. Must mean we are keeping in touch ourselves. :)That's awesome your dad has a blog! Get him talking to my dad, please.

Melinda said...

It's weeks like this that help put the real important things FIRST.
Glad the week ended on a GOOD note.

p.s. I did dad's slideshow

Susan said...

Rachael, looked at your blog a week ago but I couldn't find the place so I could make a comment. Of course you know that I LOVE the pictures you did at Rockaway Beach. I had some made up and they are on my entry table. You still didn't post the one I loved the most, the one with you & Jeff in the sunset. Please put it on the Costco account so I can order it too.
I'm sorry for the problems you had this week. How sad to have this whole drama end like that. Yes, that really makes you think. It's all about family and getting along and cooperating and being honest. Love you Rachael.

mahina said...

yay! glad your blogging again! also super happy that we are working out together again! i have that last 10 pounds of baby weight to lose and it's always more fun with friends!