CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"WW" Wonderful women the jewels of my life

I am at a great stage in my life. I no longer have small children. Though I am very lucky, and I'm not sure quite how, but I have a bunch a friends that are still in that stage of life. Getting pregnant, nursing, preschool, car seats, I remember that life. It wasn't that far away. But then I have another set of friends that are in the stage after mine, sending their children out the door and becoming empty nesters. I'm not sure how I have gotten to be their friends either. I feel like I am the link between these two great groups of women. The one has pulled me through my tough times, given me advise, hope, and care when I really needed it. The other is letting me enjoy their youthfulness and joy. I was able to go on a girls weekend getaway with this younger group last week. It was so wonderful. Half of the group still had little babies, so it wasn't nearly as long as we all wanted, but good enough. We talked and laughed and had the best time.





There is something so comforting knowing that these women are doing basically the same thing you are...trying to be good mothers and wives. Then today I was invited to a luncheon with this older group of women. Boy are they fantastic. They are wise and happy and a boost to my soul as well. I love to learn from their experiences. I just had a good youth challenged friend move. Lois left last week. I will miss her smile and friendship. I have been so blessed to have all of these wonderful women in my life. Thank goodness for friends!!

1 comments:

Bridget said...

You really are a bridge between generations. You give us younger moms a glimpse into life to come. The weekend would not have been complete without you there!