CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Father in Law and Lobster

Every year, it comes and I never know what to do.....Father's Day. Well this year I had know idea of what to get my Father in Law for Father's Day, like that is a big change from previous years. Anyway, somewhere tucked way back in the recesses of my mind was the idea of sending him a live lobster. Now, I don't even know that he likes lobster. My thinking was, he would get such a hoot out of watching his lovely wife open this pakackage and try and cook this live lobster. I thought he would have a story to tell for years to come. So he called me today. I now have the story...
Judy,MIL, left town sometime, not sure when, to visit Jeff's brother Paul back in Virginia. As she was leaving, or maybe she called and told FIL, Bill she would be having a couple of skirts arrive in the mail. So, the lobster arrived on Friday I guess along with another package. He put them both on the from room table. She had called and asked if her skirts had come. FIL replied yes, one from Dillard's and another from the "Lobster House". No clue yet. All is well at the Wight House. He enjoys his Father's Day alone. Jeff called and talked with him a bit and did all of the well wishing but didn't ever bring up the lobster. I guess not wanting to blow the surprise, or thinking it never showed. Today at 5:00 he calls me and starts by apologizing. He has been going through the whole house trying to find what was stinking so bad. He had taken out all of the garbage and taken several showers, done the laundry, cleaned the fridge, to no avail. Then he finally took a second sniff to the package from the "Lobster House". So for fathers day I gave my FIL a stink bomb. Not quite what I was shooting for....but I did get a funny story that I'm sure he will be able to tell for years to come.

1 comments:

Bridget said...

That is so great! A nice stinky dead lobster in the house! Not quite the story you envisioned but a memorable one none the less. ;)