CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pumpkin hunt









I had promised my kids I would take them out to Lake View Farms on Halloween day. They had it off of school and every Sat before that had a soccer game in the morning and a football game in the afternoon, leaving little time for pumpkin hunting at our favorite farm. We had something come up in the morning and rushed out to the farm in the afternoon. Lake View Farms is at least 1/2 hour away. When we drove around the bend we saw no cars and things started looking suspicious. When we drove up to the lane, a sign was posted "closed for the season". After our shock that a Halloween place would close on Halloween we turned the jeep around and headed home to catch a party, and pick up pumpkins at Albertsons AND carve them. On the way home we spotted a country store on the side of the road that was selling pumpkins and pulled in. It had a little field full of pumpkins. Of course the kids went straight for the biggest ones. Everyone was happy and we got the carving done and kids to the party. Later we went to the ward Halloween party where everyone got together with friends. They all came over to our house where I took them around trick or treating. Afterward there was the candy trade phenonom that happens in every house like the stock market. It was great fun!!!

12 comments:

Melissa-Mc said...

Beautiful pictures, and I love Carissa's socks!

Sarah said...

Those pictures are fantastic! The kids look great and so does the setting!

Melinda said...

I hate when you make promises and they fall through. At least your kids are older and can understand. I promised luke and meg we'd go swim fri and we got dressed and drove over to the Y only to find out there was a swim meet. AAUUGHGHGHG. Our car was not happy.
Anyway, you got pumpkin pics, pumpkins, a party, AND CANDY. They couldn't be happier!!!1

Bridget said...

Looks like a fabulous time! yeah, Carissa's socks are hilarious.

Scott-n-Allison said...

L.O.V.E. the pics! Teach me how!

Tell Samantha her braces are so cute! To this day I'm so glad I had them!

Mandy said...

Well at least you ended up with some great pics and huge pumpkins!! Sounds like a fun time

Kimberlee said...

Your pictures are beautiful!! Why can't you live next door to me and teach me all you know?

Hesses Madhouse said...

Beautiful photos! Look at Samantha, that little country girl in her gingham shirt. I LOVE it!!!

Becca said...

great pictures rachael

Becca said...

I had to go back and look at carissa's socks and I have to say that I am so sad we don't live closer. Grace and carissa would have so much fun together. Grace has this pair of sock that are knee high and have individual toe holes. They are black with smiley faces all over then and no matter what anyone else says she thinks they are the coolest thing ever!!! I love a girl with confidence!

hayjude said...

What beautiful pictures, and the background scenery is also wonderful. I wish we could have been there with you.

Teri said...

I really need to see the picures from the ward party. That was a fun night!