CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

recent activities




The last couple have weeks have been great. First, it was my 38th birthday on Friday May 2nd. I really meant to play it up like some of my blogging friends and announce it to the world, but I just got too busy. I did call up Jeff and took him to lunch at Izzy's. We had a great time and I was able to get a couple of pictures. I still don't know how to do that without having a double chin. We knew that he had to help someone move that night and the next morning, so we enjoyed lunch together. Don't we just look great, like two crazies right out of the farm. Sat morning was a busy day. Carissa spent the night at the Lloyds so she could ride over to the Stake Activity day the next morning. Blake helped Jeff move someone and I think Samantha had Becca spending the night. Blake went to bed fairly early so he could wake up early for his SAT test. He has been studying for a couple of months now. I hope he does well. I woke up early to get ready for my triathlon. Bridget picked me up and we set off to set up our running and biking gear at the transitions locations. We went to the bathroom a couple of times. For some reason, as calm as I feel, my body rebels and takes it's own opinion and gets nervous. I didn't feel jittery or anything, just a few potty breaks. Bridget and I were fortunate enough to be not only placed in the same wave, but the same lane. That was the best. We sat there and got nervous together. She is such a wonderful friend. I am so glad she is apart of my life. The other fortunate thing is that one of the four people in our lane didn't show, so it was another lady, 5 seconds, then ANOTHER 5 secs, then me, and then Bridget. It was so nice! I was just fast enough to tail the 1st lady and drafted in here bubbles. It was so awesome. I did it in less than 10 minutes. A new record for me. Bridget wasn't far behind me. I forgot my big running number when I took off on the bike. Oh well, it didn't matter at all. I was pumping myself up to make this hill in the middle of the bike course. There is a steady incline for a while and then a hill. Right as I was going up the hill some random non competitive bikers passed me, but all in all, when I got to the top, I realized that the hill wasn't near as hard as I had thought. I raced it as fast as I could to the stadium. A fellow competitor tried to catch me the whole time, but didn't. We dismounted at the same time. When we took off running we talked for a bit, but his pace was too much for me. I had maybe 2-4 people pass me the whole race. That was awesome. When all was said and done I had done my best race ever. The best part is that I felt so good the whole race. I was positive and happy and felt strong the whole way. When I finished I stretched for a few minutes and waited for Bridget. I didn't cramp or hurt like I had other times. It made me feel great about getting older. The rest of the day was nice. Jeff came home form moving people, I got in a nap and then I went and watched Carissa play a couple of games of basketball, and later that night Samantha play in a couple of games. They both did well and it was fun to watch them. Carissa has a wedgy problem. I have bought her a few pairs of different undies. I hope to find one that will help her. I recorded some of her games, and she is going to be embarrassed.

8 comments:

Bridget said...

That picture of you and Jeff is so cute. Too bad I know you too well and all that was old news to me. You forgot about the mentioning how you were really depressed running on Friday. :) just teasing.

Melinda said...

good job, Rach. You always were a great competitor.

Samantha is going to never forgive you for sharing with the world her underwear problem.

That picture shows that the Bishop thing is warping Jeff's looks a bit.:)

Melissa-Mc said...

Good job on another triathalon under your belt.

I hope you had a great birthday. Hopefully you got my "happy birthday" comment and knew that I remembered your birthday.

Darilyn said...

Okay, now i have the birthday date. I must be reading these in different order. Great job on your triathlon. It feels so good when we can do hard things.

Tonya said...

You are the woman! I am totally impressed with your athletic abilities;0) Wedgie issues are the worst. Thanks for sharing that small detail! Mom's are so embarrassing! Sheesh!

Becca said...

Carissa looks GIANT and so coordinated. I don't think Grace even knows how to dribble a basketball.

mahina said...

that picture of you and bishop cracks me up! what a pair of hotties!

Jayke Blakk said...

Thanks for the comment, and I like the picture of you and Uncle Jeff. It's cool. Better than what my parents would do. (They would be too embarassed to have a picture that close.)