CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

What a week. I have been preparing Blake's Christmas present this week as well as subbing in seminary most of the week. (Not much got done around the house.) I will be sending a SMALL present, (a CTR Ring) to him in the MTC just in case the other (a digital photo frame loaded with 1000 pictures), is late arriving in Moscow. The other missionary mothers in the e-mail group that I am apart of, advises us to send them off now. In fact I found out a few things, from their e-mails. The Moscow mission will have 45 missionaries there by the time he arrives. I think it was 13, that are native. I also read this wonderful e-mail that talked about how the work has progressed in the last 2 years. One mother's missionary that will be coming home in April, said that when he first got out there, the missionaries were being arrested and even had their building that they met in, burned to the ground. She said no one ever wanted to talk to them. She said that NOW things are so much better, they have had people come up and WANT to talk to the missionaries. She is very excited to see the work progress so much and wants to stay apart of the e- mail group even after he comes home, so she can see he work progress.

There was also talk of one of the Russian missionaries getting sick, there at the MTC. I learned that you shouldn't drink the orange juice in the MTC. So DON'T drink it.
We received Blake's letter Saturday! As always it is great to hear from him. He wrote Cason his own letter about getting his first deer, and another to Mitch, as well as the one to the family. I immediately called my mom, which I knew was in Provo watching the homecoming game, and had her pick Blake up a new alarm clock (which he explains in his letter that he broke already). I thought he would be impressed by the promptness. Jeff said he wouldn't even realize it was fast because time doesn't exists in the MTC. By now he should have gotten his JACKET too. I mailed him a couple of pumpkins to decorate, a box of oreo cookies, dried mango's and a beany baby puppy (a substitute for missing Thunder haha). I hope it puts a smile on his face.
Samantha went to the "80's dance this Sat. She had a great time and admitted that she thought a boy was cute. "He" had even asked her to dance. She also performed in a music concert put on by the youth of the stake. She played the flute and Isaac, Whitney, Nicole, and Steven sang, and another boy from the stake played the piano. It was a great concert, but it set me off, and I had overwhelming mothering feelings that gushed out as tears. I was thinking Blake and just couldn't keep it all in. Of course Jeff and the kids think it is funny. I think it is too, I've become my mother in that regard!!! Dang it! (Sorry mom, you know that I love you! I just hate crying!!)

Jeff and I went to a Halloween Party at the Woodhouses. Jeff dressed up as the hulk and I went as Super/wonder Woman. I had gold pants and everything. It was fun. I'll see if I can get some pictures posted of us.

Today was the Primary Program. Blake would have LOVED it. Brandon Johnson was so funny when he did his part. It was priceless how he talked about having peace and love in his home, with his head swaying, like, yada yada yada. The kids all did a great job! Carissa has one more left. Unbelievable.

One last thing. I was getting ready the other day and for some reason felt my fore arm, and guess what? I'm buff. I have never had my arms this strong. I have been really good about waking up in the morning and working out before scriptures. But I have been doing that for years. I think it is LaFawn's class. She kills me every time.

By the way. Mitch (Blake's BF) leaves this week. I bought his countdown this week and it is up on the other cupboard opposite of Blake's. We will go over to his open house tomorrow night. Tuesday I'm going to the airport. I thought that was pretty cool of them to come see Blake off. He is so ready to go.


That's it for this week!

7 comments:

analee hirschi said...

I am glad to hear that you are buff. I wish I could work out. can you beat Jeff in a arm wrestle?
I can only imagine how blake broke his alarm clock... (throwin it against the wall 6:30 comes too quickly)

Melinda said...

It's so so fun to have you blogging again. It's amazing how connected I feel and we haven't even talked.
I'm glad you are buff.......I'm so UNbuff right now. Oct has been wildly busy. I'm hopeful for Nov.

Tiffany Gremmert said...

What a grown up life you have now. Missionary sons, daughters thinking boys are cute etc. It probably seems surreal. It's good to keep up with everything. Especially the mission stuff. Still can't believe he is in the MTC.

Darilyn said...

Yes, I know about LaFawn's class. It kills me every time too. I also loved the concert and the primary program. I loved the ending especially.

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see the pics from the halloween party. Good to hear that everything is going so well. It's insane that Blake is on a mission. It's funny how the older you get the younger kids seem. I remember feeling so old and grown up at that age. I look back now and think, "wow they look like babies!"
I"m glad you're blogging again!

Tonya said...

That's neat that you have the e-mail group with the other missionary Mom's. Great way to find out all sorts of info...like, don't drink the O.J! I bet Blake loves getting his little packages. What a good Mom!!! I haven't even thought about Christmas yet.

Susan said...

I loved your blog! Life has a way ofmoving right along. What's this about Samantha???? Tell her Grandma says she can't talk about boys for at least 3 more or maybe 30 more years. It is wonderful to know that you cried...and even let the kids see you cry. They may laugh but it makes them think about how much you love them all. That is important. One of these days...even tough old Jeff will have reason to cry. It is an expression of the heart. Be yourself and let those expression come naturally. It is good for you, good for the kids and in general it is good for the world.