CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Summie Awards


This week Cason and I attended the Summie awards. Cason's curriculum this year includs making a film about a supreme court case. His group worked on it for hours. I was able to be one of the volunteers to walk around the school with the kids while they filmed. I was actually in Cason's movie, as the driver of the truck. You can't see me, but I was the driver! Tuesday night they had the "Summie Awards". Kids and parents dressed up really fancy and Mrs. R. gave out awards and we watched a few trailers and movies the kids made. Cason did a lot of the work on his group's film. He stayed after school many nights to finish it up. I was happy he was given so many awards that night. His group got 6 awards: Best Soundtrack, Best voiceover, Best Slogan "Don't get caught", Best Trailer, Best Cutaway, and Cason got Best Boring Teacher in the acting awards. It was great to see his hard work pay off. What a fun night!! When he gets the DVD of the film I'll see if I can figure out how to put it on Utube so you can see it.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

That sounds like alot of hard work. Fun idea to dress up for Awards night. Is cinematography in Cason's future/

Darilyn said...

What a cool thing. I can't even imagine how much time that must have taken.

Grace said...

wow...that's really great that he can do so much as a 7th grader! That's seems like a project that some high schooler would be doing. Sounds like fun

Bridget said...

What a cute picture! He looks very proud of himself as well he should be.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Wow, what a lot of work. Congratulations to Casey! He's a great kid!

Tonya said...

That sounds like a blast! Was it a school project or is he part of an acting group? My Sophia would LOVE to do something like that. Thats fun that everybody got to dress up and get awards. I bet they felt like movie stars.

Susan said...

Wow Casey, that is wonderful. I think that you are beginning to reach into the depths of what you can accomplish. One of the great characteristics of successful people is they willing to go the EXTRA MILE!! When you do that you know that know matter what the outcome, you did your best. Congratulations!!!! NANA