CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Aunt Nola

My Aunt Nola passed away 2 weeks ago. My parents and my cousin Gary came and stayed with us. It was fun to see all of the family there and see the fruits of Nola's life. She has a husband that truly loved her, kids that admired her and praised her name, and friends. The disease that she had had slowly taken over her body and she was blessed to die from a stroke. When we first moved to Oregon she invited me to come to her "daughters weekend". She paid for the whole thing. We went to Victoria Island and stayed at a B&B. We went touring and saw beautiful gardens and fun shops. We had a great time. I got to know all of these great women that had experienced so much more than I had, at the time. Every time my dad would come visit, we would go over and visit with Aunt Nola. I'm glad that I lived close enough to get to know her better.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

what? no pictures? I'd love to see any pics if you took any.

Blair and Aunt Nola lived in Cincinnati area for awhile also. He was the first stake president of the Cincinnati Stake. There is a book that they published while I was there about the church's history in Cincinnati, and Uncle Blairs picture was in there and a little blurb about him.
It's great to be related to great people.

Tonya said...

I love that you shared this. I have close relationships with some of my extended family and it is so special. That is so great that she invited you to a "daughters weekend". She must love you a
lot:0) Sorry for your loss.