CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Purseless

For some reason the rest to my family has come to HATE my planner.
I'm not sure why. I never asked them to carry it around for me. Great fun things came from the planner... what was for dinner, money, a knife, fingernail clippers, stamps, the time their game starts....
Anyway, since Jeff started to use an iphone last year I have been quite impressed by the ease he can find places, call people, and check his e-mail. My planner started on its way to the grave last November when the magnet snap, and arm strap broke. I went into the Franklin Planner store and my same planner purse cost $150, so I decided to just fix the magnet and buy a new strap. I took my purse to some luggage company downtown and they fixed it for $20. (I even did the trip downtown in my big truck with 0 turning radius. I am amazing.) One week later it was fixed and I was happy again. I still looked around for a new purse that my planner would fit into perfectly. Nothing.... nothing.... nothing, for a year I have looked. So I was starting to think of going back to Franklin and buying the dang purse. But this whole time I kept thinking I would love an iphone. It would be awesome to have the internet where ever I went. I wouldn't have to manually update my planner anymore. I could check game schedules from my e-mail away from home. So 3 months ago my planner zipper broke and 2 weeks ago the magnet that I had fixed broke again. (I'll give it to the luggage place, it broke on the other side of the magnet this time.) It is dead....completely utterly dead. I loved this planner purse, it really did keep me on top of most things. So over the last 2 weeks I have had a debate going within me, planner or iphone. The iphone won out and now I carry in a little rubber protector with my license, debit and credit card and a set of keys on a lanyard. I'll have to say it has been hard to go out with out my planner. I feel ill prepared for what might come my way. I do have a billfold to hold all of the silly cards that I need like the library, health insurance, THPRD, Albertsons, RV Road help. I only bring that when I know I need it. I'm purseless and lovin it!

9 comments:

mahina said...

wow! i was amazed when i saw you at the shower with only your keys and the phone! pretty cool. those days for me are long in coming, but i'm ok with that!

i imagine you must feel naked with so little with you, like you forgot something! but it's very cool that you can have it all with so little to lug around!

Melinda said...

Well you are everyone's Research and Development lady. Test out the iphone and let us all know if it is worth giving up the heavy, garbage filled, purse.

Bridget said...

I am so impressed that you are willing to make these changes. And think its so funny that your planner was annoying to your family! I am way too attached to my purse and planner. Fortunately I have not been mocked for it yet.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

I saw you stylin' with that iPhone on Saturday! Pretty hot mama! By the way, I wonder if we spelled President Uchtdorf's name right?

By the way, my purse could be registered as a deadly weapon. I should look into the purseles state. Although I have been known to lug a pull-up in my purse. I don't think that would attach to a lanyard very well. :-)

analee hirschi said...

welcome to my world. I have been trying to convert you all forever. Even with 2 kids I have created a bag that fits onto the baby carseat and it has pockets for diapers, bottle and my phone and keys.... still purseless. I am glad that you are enjoying it.

Clint Carter said...

Wow, you went for the iPhone. What model did you get?

Hesses Madhouse said...

I HATE purses. Truly! I used to only carry my billfold and keys around. Then things started growing. It seemed to grow as my family grew, so I finally gave in and started doing the purse thing--pretending I was a grown-up (I'm not too good at that). So, I'm truly jealous that you now have simplified down to nearly nothing. Ahh. Someday I want to be like you.

Lisa said...

Hey Rach,

I've had my iPhone for 4 months and it's like an extension of my arm. you'll come to love it, I promise! And always having rockin' tunes at your fingertips is awesome. The ony downside for me is that the young women like to play with it and always fight over it on Wed nights. :-)

Scott-n-Allison said...

Not to mention that you whipped out two Fandango tickets for Indiana Jones in the nick of time with Jeff's iPhone...gotta love them!