CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Nike prenational

For cross country Samantha participated in the Nike prenationals. It is the only fund raiser Aloha High School XC does all year. It was held out at Portland Meadows. They don't actually race on the track they race on the inside field of the track. Schools from as far away as California come to this event. I volunteered in the morning to hand out the packets to the coaches. As soon as I was done Samantha's race started. She did a great job and got 59th out of 200 in her event. She ran it in 23:41. If you go to this website http://www.runnerspace.com
NikePreNationals and look at the videos she is in the main slideshow around 1:13 and then you can see her event by going to the videos and watching the "Girls Frosh/Soph - Nike Pre Nationals 2008" video. I was standing right under the video camera and didn't know it. You can't miss when Samantha finishes because you can hear me several times cheering her on. Earlier I ask the guy videoing for the time, (how embarassing) When they are running over the hills, Samantha comes right after the girl that falls and runs right in front of the camera. It was a fun event. Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Darilyn said...

I noticed Samantha's tan line today and asked if it was from cross country. She said it was and I told her I was proud of her for trying something new. That can be a scary thing sometimes and she seems to be really good at it and enjoy it.

Wendy said...

Congrats to Samantha. I did watch the video just to hear you screamming. It was great, especially the asking the time part.
Keep in touch, my email is wendy@dusbooks.com.

Tonya said...

I think it is so funny that not that long ago you had no clue that she even liked running. Look at her go now! I am very impressed.

sarahseekingsanity said...

Running with Samantha was great for Becca. Though we can't let it make her give up on track already, she realized how not in shape she is. There is a big difference between thin and in shape.