CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Rodeo, An American Celebration
















Several years ago the Johnsons and the Hills invited us to go to the St. Paul Rodeo for the 4th of July. Ever since, if we are in Oregon, we go. This year was no exception. The bulls were wilder than ever but we missed the clown from other years.





































I teared up AGAIN during the National Anthem. It always makes me feel such pride and love for our country. St. Paul just makes me feel like I am in "home town" America.






















Spending our 4th of July's in St. Paul has been a great tradition. I remember the year that we planned a picnic with the Johnsons to a park. I had spent a lot of time on a jello salad in the shape of a flag with the whipped cream, blueberry stars and everything. Jeff decided to have Blaze, our dog, drag the cooler to the picnic table. She took off running and needless to say the jello didn't survive. I believe we started the St. Paul tradition the next year.























During the rodeo a bull tried to jump the gates, and a cowboy got his hand stuck in the rope.
It is quite entertaining, no jello gets hurt in the process either. It always ends in fireworks and elephant ears. What a great day.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

A rodeo for the 4th of July.....now THAT is American. Hope you had some apple pie too.

Darilyn said...

I was just imagining that jello salad after the dog drug it. I've always wanted to go to that Rodeo. We always go to our own small town celebration about two hours south of here. I love a good rodeo. Great pictures too.

Becca said...

wish I could have been there to go with you. I think we did go with you once, it was fun. Those are great pictures? Did you take them? Of coarse you did

Chelle said...

We did the rodeo once there but now just stay home and have a great party!!
The new blog looks great. Love the colors.I'm still in the getting to learn how to get anything on let alone try and design anything!!! Paula not chelle

Sarah said...

I grew up watching a lot of rodeos. They are so fun. I honestly didn't find out what made the animals buck until I was 19. I don't know what I thought before that. I love rodeos.