CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

The Buzz club


Many of you have heard rumors that Blake has shaved his head. Yes, they are true. A dear friend of mine, LaFawn, had been diagnosed with cancer a month or so ago. She is one of the most amazing women I have ever met. She teaches many different classes at 24 hour fitness. Last week I was taking her strength training class I was thinking, if LaFawn can do it I certainly should be able to. Wow is she amazingly strong. Blake is great friends with Mitch her son and so her oldest sons started the club buy buzzing their hair. Mitch and a bunch of other friends have buzzed theirs as well. Even her husband did. She has such a great support system. She somehow has the knack of staying in close contact with all of her friends, some from years and years ago. Anyway one of my hard drives are down and so the only picture I have of Blake right now is after a wrestling meet where he got a bloody nose. So here you go....

8 comments:

Katie Smith said...

Yea for Blake! It's so fun to see everyone backing up LaFawn. I know it helps her morale more than anyone else realizes.

Bridget said...

When I worked on an oncology floor we had a razor at the nurses station to give buzz cuts. I gave many a buzz hairdo to husbands over those years. It was really neat. LaFawn is an amazing woman.

Unless you start making comments on my blog, this may be the last one from me you'll get for a while!! You lurker, you.

Missed you this morning. Mahina and I did abs and set. Wed. I"ll be at cycling at 10 again if you can join.

Becca said...

Go Blake! She is a wonderful lady. It doesn't shock me that she has so many people supporting her.

mahina said...

that's an attractive picture of blake!

i will have to second b's comment, unless you start commenting on my blog this may be my last, as well!!

good to see you blogging again! don't let it be so long before we hear from you again!

we did miss you this morning at the set class!

Melinda said...

Blake must like this lady to shave his gorgeous curly hair. What a tribute to her.
It is a shock, I must say. He looks VERY different.

I"m showing my boys in the morning.

Sarah said...

That was a great thing to do.

That is a scary pic though. Wrestling can be rough.

Susan said...

That is a great way to support LaFawn. I've only been around her a few times but she is truly amazing.
I can't get over Blake with no hair. He looks like he is 19. Blake has such beautiful hair (sorry Blake but a grandmother can say that about a grandson). He certainly is growing up. Bless you all for your support. (Rachael, I'm certainly glad you didn't decided to go marine cut!) Love MOM

paula vial said...

Thanks for the blog I'm just geting. I feel like I have finaly got caught up on the last month of peoples lives. I have been home on this couch or the past week recoverying from knee surgery. You all have been very entertaining. THANKS Paula